You have a strong professional interest in migration and integration. You enjoy managing projects, partners and resources. You are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children: this challenge is for you!
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 9 months employment contract (local contract), with possibility of extension
Salary HUF 468’994 monthly gross, negotiable
Location Budapest, Hungary
Application deadline: The review of applications will be done on a rolling basis. As such, no specific deadline has been set. Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible!
Priority will be given to the candidates legally eligible to work in Hungary.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. The Regional Office in Budapest has been operating since 2006.
Working under the direct supervision of the Regional Project Manager from the Children and Youth in Migration Unit at the Tdh Regional Office in Budapest, the Project Officer will be responsible for the overall implementation of the European Commission-funded regional project “Mentoring for Integration – MINT”. The MINT project is implemented under the lead of the Tdh Regional Office with partners in Czech Republic, Poland, Romania and Slovenia and aims to enable refugee and migrant children and European youth to contribute to the building of harmonious and inclusive societies in Europe. The Project Officer will ensure the implementation of all project activities as set out in project documentation and the timely delivery of project outputs and within scope. In addition, the Project Officer will lead the development of the Tdh integration portfolio and support with the implementation of other regional projects implemented by the Tdh Regional Office.
· Ensure the implementation of all planned project activities and delivery of outputs and results;
· Oversee the organization of upcoming events in the framework of the regional project;
· Ensure regular and timely preparation and adequate communication and liaison with all partners and stakeholders involved;
· Ensure timely, quality and accurate reporting to management and donor(s) on a regular basis;
· Ensure continuous tracking and evaluation of project’s performance in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (M&E);
· Liaise with Tdh Finance and Administration management to ensure timely and proper level of spending and compliance with set financial standards and rules;
· Regularly feed and disseminate via ChildHub and through other communication channels the results and achievements met by the project, the regional office and its network of partners;
· Ensure the follow-up of the MINT project and further development of the integration portfolio of Tdh.
· University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field;
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in coordinating projects, preferably at a regional level;
· Background in migration, integration and refugee issues;
· Ability to manage a high volume of workflow efficiently;
· Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing administrative skills;
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and productively within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
· Flexibility, availability and adaptability;
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
· Experience in communications considered an asset;
· Full proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory. Knowledge of one of the languages of the region considered an asset.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and letter of motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Project Officer, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.