Organization: Plan International
Closing date: 21 Jun 2019
COUNTRY PROGRAM MANAGER FOR CHILD PROTECTION
The Country Program Manager for Child Protection will lead all related technical business development and ensure the quality implementation of the child protection programming in all program areas. The role is responsible for providing timely and ongoing support to ensure technical soundness at all levels of the program and project cycle across Plan Philippines. S/he will represent Plan with donors, partners and other stakeholders. S/he will lead all child protection related aspects of disaster response including deployment for rapid assessments and longer-term emergency response.
- Leads concept development, technical approach sections of proposals and other resource mobilization efforts.
- Directly manage or support relevant projects on the implementation of the country program and individual projects within it.
- Regularly review and improve the child protection components of child protection related projects, including work-plans, budgets, reports, and other aspects.
- Generate ideas, concepts, and insights based on current issues, trends, and patterns, working with program team to pilot initiatives and innovations.
- Act as the focal point for child protection advocacy, learning and knowledge management, and networking, externally for peers and donors and internally for Plan.
- Build relationships and collaborates with partners at the national and regional levels to ensure knowledge sharing, learning, and complementation of resources
- Lead in providing support and advice with alleged cases of child protection policy violations, abuse, and other related issues, by Plan employees, associates, and projects
- A graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Family Life, and Child Development, Development Management or Social Sciences. A post-graduate degree is an advantage.
- Licensed Social Worker is an advantage.
- Has at least six years’ experience in development or humanitarian work, in a technical capacity on child protection.
- Has proven knowledge and experience in a rights-based approach to development, proposal development, training design, and humanitarian response
- Has a good command of oral and written communication.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.
How to apply:
To apply, click on this link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=35666&company=PlanInt&username=
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child-centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organization is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights, and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes, and principles of gender equality and inclusion.