The purpose of this evaluation is to identify the main impact and sustainability (for example, institutionalization of Quality and Learning Environment (QLE) self-assessment in schools, school based management, investment in children, etc.) that the country office in Cambodia (CO) has achieved in the 2015-2018 and 2019-2020 framework agreements. Beside this the NORAD agreement 2010-2014 will be examined when documentation and institutional memory are available. The impact and sustainability are not limited but will include at a micro (individual beneficiaries), meso (family, schools and communities), and macro levels (sub-national administrations and national government including policy and institutional).
- Completed Ph.D. degree from an internationally recognized university in relevant area (education, sociology, social demography, social psychology, development studies, gender studies, social work, etc.).
- Strong academic and/or professional training backgrounds in research/evaluation, particularly qualitative methodology.
- At least 15 years of experience in conducting qualitative evaluation/assessment.
- Extensive experience in using OECD DAC Evaluation Criteria.
- Experience in preparing project completion report.
- High level of professional writing in research/evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally, and with a range of stakeholders, including government.
- Experience working in Cambodia is a considerable advantage. International consultant is required to arrange for his/her own local assistants. The local assistants should have relevant education qualifications and experience in research and evaluation, not just a translator.
- One of the team members should be a local Statistic Analyst/Specialist with advanced skills and practical experience in carrying statistical data analysis using SPSS or STATA. The estimated number of working days for this member are about 13 days (extensive statistical data preparations and data analysis).
- A lead consultant is required to ensure that the team members have necessary knowledge, skills, and experience relevant to thematic areas, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection, Education, and DRR/Humanitarian
The Consultancy Period: July – December 2020 (likely extended to early 2021 if the schools will not be reopened by this year).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit to Save the Children Cambodia via email@example.com by 24th of May 2020.
- A detailed CVs of core international team members
- A cover letter
- A brief technical proposal and proposed budget including local assistants (one must be a professional statistician/quantitative data analysis specialist, home-based for about 15 days including data preparation and analysis)and international consultants with a net daily rate, food and accommodation, airfare, transportation to/from/in field (max. US$90/day) to carry out this assignment. A lead international consultant should prepare for two rounds of two-ways trips, for data collection after school reopening, and presentation of the findings at national dissemination workshop in December or after the government reopen the international flights. SCI has a formal roster of qualified national consultants. Gross daily fee of local consultant is about US$200 - US$300.
Applications will be assessed upon receipt.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
For more information about Save the Children in Cambodia, please visit our website: https://cambodia.savethechildren.net/about-us